Position: Software Quality Assurance Technician
Department: Engineering (Kansas)
Reports: Software Quality Assurance Manager
Salary Grade: G 25
FLSA Status: Exempt
Design, develop, and maintain manual and automated testing procedures for both embedded systems and PC applications. Verify software integrity prior to production release and provide customer diagnostic support when necessary. This job requires experience sufficient for the applicant to become quickly effective as a member of the quality assurance team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in designing and running all software testing for both firmware and PC applications.
• Write automated testing scripts to speedup testing process.
• Work with the software team to improve and optimize backend automated testing software.
• Work with the software team to design, implement, and maintain an automated testing system.
• Verify, log, and document all incoming bug reports.
• Improve current regression testing tools, procedures, and documentation.
• Maintain test equipment including trunking system and system analyzers.
• Provide field support to diagnose customer issues and perform compliance testing.
• All duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge & Skills:
1. Strong Excel, Access, MS Word, Power Point, skills required;
2. Good verbal and written skills in English
3. Good communication skills
4. Good analytical skills
5. Very detail-oriented, accurate and organized
6. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
7. Able to work independently and as part of a team
8. Confidentiality and Time Management.
• High School or GED equivalent.
• Basic understanding of testing methodologies, tools, and processes.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to write clear, concise, and comprehensive test procedures.
• Team-oriented personality.
• Attention to detail and a desire for quality.
• Associate or Bachelor degree in a technical field.
• Experience in functional software testing.
• Familiarity writing software in Java, Python, or C/C++/C#.
• Experience using version control software such as Subversion or Git.
• Experience using bug tracking software such as Mantis or Jira.
• Experience working with customers in the field to debug issues.
• Familiarity with public safety two-way radios is a plus.
• Familiarity with APCO P25 standards is a plus.
• Familiarity with LabView is a plus.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
Work typically takes place in a normal office/plant environment requiring:
Lifting, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Operating a PC and other office equipment.
Occasionally is exposed to loud noise, vibration, oils, solvents, chemicals, odors.
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.